10 Reasons to come to a Heritage Orchard Day
1. 100s of unique apple varieties not found in supermarkets!
2. Pick and eat as many as you can.
3. Take home a tote bag full of apples – you’ll be surprised how many you can squeeze in!
4. Learn all about our Heritage Orchards and fruit.
5. Kids can make and eat apple crumble on an outdoor fire.
6. Kids apple pressing and juice making.
7. Free kids face painting.
8. Miniature train rides (£1 per person)
9. Support us to provide access and education of the National Fruit Collection.
10. Help raise essential funds to save these unique orchards.
Autumn fun for the whole family
We celebrate the highlight of the apple & pear season with a unique opportunity to PYO from hundreds of fruit varieties in the National Fruit Collection. No where else would you be able to taste so many different apples then pick your favourites.
So make the most of our beautiful orchards this Autumn by coming along to one of our Heritage Orchard Days. Visitors can enjoy the wonderful, autumnal orchards bursting with fruit; join our expert guides on a tour of the National Fruit Collection; visit the fruit display; try traditional juice pressing, sample homemade ciders, have a go at outdoor cooking with foraged ingredients from Brogdale Farm, we have face painting for kids and you get a Brogdale Collections tote bag to fill with as many apples and pears as you can and take home – and it’s all included in your ticket.
There are over a hundred different heritage varieties available to pick, something to suit everyone. Our Heritage Orchard Days are a great opportunity to spend time outside with the family while enjoying some fresh Kent fruit. Visitors will also be helping raise essential funds to save these unique orchards.
Discover something new and tasty with ‘try before you buy’ rare and heritage apple varieties.
The National Fruit Collection offers a rich diversity of fruit trees, which enable the public to enjoy nature and the environment, particularly at blossom time and at harvest when a wide range of varieties can be seen, tasted and bought. Brogdale Collections aims to ensure that this can continue, even in difficult times.
Without the Charity, there would be no public access to the National Fruit Collection, and little public profile. Without this, the Collection and the other trees at Brogdale could be at risk.
Tickets can be pre-booked for all our Heritage Orchard Days HERE
Tickets will also be available on the day from our ticket office.